I sometimes review books, movies and other fiction, mostly to point out an interesting message or a particularly good storytelling technique.
Or a particularly bad one. That’s always fun.
- Absentia (film)
- Babadook and Dark Water (films)
- Batman V Superman (film)
- I Am Not a Serial Killer (book)
- Welcome to Night Vale (podcast)
Storytelling, Craft and Meaning
- The Amazing Spider-Man: Ableism in the first Andrew Garfield film
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Ableism Continues
- The Amazing Spider-Man Series: How Poorly Written Disabled Characters Sank the Franchise
- Mad Max Fury Road: Pacing and Tension
- Mad Max Fury Road: Characterization and Female Characters
- Mulan: Dissecting Masculinity
- Side Effects: When an Almost-Brilliant Story Chickens Out